> How to
> interpret the Events messages
How do you interpret the Events messages?
- Just observe mail sent messages:
10:04 sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go read mail shown in received messages:
11:16 Got 6 email(s) from account email@example.com
- Take action on failure to send: Like:
09:44 Failed to send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also see other reasons for failure to send (can be strangely worded):
09:55 Failed to connect to server yahoo.com. Host is unreachable.
12:32 PM Failed to connect to server "": Server not connected
- Take action: if host is unreachable, check the recipient's email address; maybe you typed it wrong or it is not a valid one.
- If you had a server not connected, try later or re-connect to the internet.
- If an email continues to fail to send, click Read from main screen, then Outbox and delete the message, or it will continue to send.
- Take action on failure to receive: (can be strangely worded).
10:16 AM POP3 problem with server: - ERR /usr/mail/.fred.pop lock
busy Is another session active? (35)
- Take action: This is from typical internet congestion. It will happen. If you have automatic pickup for this identity, do nothing, you will get it later.
- If you are clicking Get to get it manually, then just try again later.
- If you receive a missed chat invitation while your computer was unattended, send an email in response, or invite them to Chat.